Learn about the new Emergency Supplemental Paid Sick Leave Law (SB 95) available January 1 through December 16, 2021.
At Los Rios, we strive to provide our employees with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that offers flexibility and security each year.
Check out the benefits guide for complete information.
You're eligible for the benefits outlined here as a regular employee with an assignment of .50 FTE or greater. Eligible dependents include your:
- Spouse or domestic partner
- Unmarried children to age 25 for dental insurance, regardless of student status
- Children to age 26, regardless of marital or student status for all other plans
- Unmarried children of any age if they are incapable of self-support due to mental or physical disability
You may be required to provide proof of dependent eligibility. If your dependent becomes ineligible for coverage, then you must contact the Employee Benefits Department within 31 days.
Enrolling and Making Changes to Your Benefits
There are three opportunities to make changes to your benefits:
As a new hire, you can enroll in benefits effective the first of the month following your date of hire. However, if you are hired on the first work day of the month, your benefits are effective as of the first of that month. If you miss your initial enrollment window (31 days from your date of hire), then your next opportunity to enroll will be the annual open enrollment period.
You can enroll in or make changes to your benefits each year during open enrollment (normally held in the spring) for benefits effective July 1 through June 30 of the following year.
Your benefits elections will remain in effect throughout the plan year unless you experience a change in status that affects eligibility for benefits or another qualified status change event (in accordance with Internal Revenue Code rules).
You must request an election change and submit associated forms to the Employee Benefits Department within 31 days. Examples of qualified status change events include (but are not limited to) a change in:
- Marital status, including marriage, death of a spouse, divorce, annulment, or legal separation
- Domestic partnership status, including establishment or termination of the partnership
- Number of your eligible children, including by birth, adoption, placement for adoption, or death
- Eligibility status of your children (for example, due to age)
Health and Dental Insurance
Los Rios offers its adjunct and LTT employees health and dental insurance plans to choose from.
Open Enrollment Videos
In lieu of providing in-person enrollment events this year, Kaiser Permanente, Sutter Health Plus, and Western Health Advantage have provided the following videos for employees to use as resources to help with enrollment decision-making.
- Compare Health Insurance Plans on the MyBenefits Site
- Kaiser Summary of Benefits and Coverage
- Sutter Health Plus Summary of Benefits and Coverage
- Western Health Advantage Summary of Benefits and Coverage
- Kaiser HDHP Sample Fee List
- Sutter Health Plus HDHP Sample Fee List
- Western Health Advantage HDHP Cost Estimator
- HDHP/HSA Webinar (YouTube)
- HSA Guide
- Domestic Partner Policies and Procedures
- Delta Dental Active Plan Resources
Visit the Los Rios benefits supersite to find enrollment and change forms.
COBRA Continuation Coverage
The Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA) is a health insurance program that allows eligible employees and their dependents the continued benefits of health insurance coverage if the employee loses their job or experiences a reduction in work hours.
Download the COBRA Continuation Coverage Information to learn more.
As an employee of an educational institution, you may participate in a tax-deferred retirement savings program.
Through these programs, you can save a portion of your pay before federal and state income taxes. Funds are only taxed when withdrawn (usually at retirement – you may face penalties for early withdrawals). There is risk associated with 403(b) and 457 programs, as fund are not insured and are subject to earnings (or losses) based on investment choices and market performance.
Your investment vendor must be listed on the CalSTRS website, www.403bcompare.com.
For the 457 plan, specific companies are eligible for Los Rios' program: CalPERS, CalSTRS, Schools Financial Credit Union, and TIAA-CREF. CalPERS members may invest in the CalSTRS 457 program, and CalSTRS members may invest in the CalPERS 457 program.
Visit the Envoy Plan Services website for a list of eligible companies.
You must first establish a 403(b) or 457 account under Los Rios with one of the companies on the approved vendor list. Once you select a company, ask for information on their 403(b) or 457 plan. They will provide an account application for you to complete.
During this process, complete the online Salary Reduction Agreement (SRA) on the Envoy website. This form provides the necessary information for Los Rios to initiate your payroll deduction.
You may enroll or change your deduction any time by submitting a new online SRA form to Envoy, but are subject to month-to-month cut-off dates to meet specific IRS and payroll deadlines. Please keep copies of all forms you submit.
The 2021 maximum contribution for 403(b) and 457 plans is $19,500 per calendar year for employees under age 50, and $26,000 per calendar year for employees aged 50 or over as of the last day of the year. These plans have separate limits, so you may contribute twice the amount listed if contributing to both types of plans.
The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a free, confidential resource for employees that is paid for by Los Rios. It provides resources to help employees lead healthier and happier lives, including:
- Confidential counseling
- Wellness coaching to assist with weight management, smoking cessation, stress management, fitness, and so on
- Financial services, such as planning for retirement, credit counseling, debt, budgeting, and so on
- Legal services, including attorney consultations for criminal, civil, and family matters
- Help finding childcare or eldercare
How to Register
Visit members.mhn.com and register using the company code LRCCD to learn more.
The EAP is administered by Managed Health Network, Inc. (MHN). For more information, call their toll-free line at (800) 535-4985 (open 24 hours a day, seven days a week). TTY users can call 711.
Download the EAP Informational Flyer for more information.