Spectrum: LGBTQ+ Employee Resource Group
I believe that no one should ever have to choose between a career we love and living our lives with authenticity and integrity."
— Selisse Berry, Executive Director, Out & Equal
Spectrum provides support, advocacy, and community to employees who count themselves members of the diverse Queer community. Spectrum:
- Works with our district to ensure that policies and practices are inclusive of the LGBTQIA+ community
- Aids in recruiting and retaining Queer faculty
- Offers community for Queer and Trans faculty and staff by creating events to come together and share experiences and challenges
Are you a faculty, staff, or administrator who counts themselves as a member of the LGBTQIA+ community? The American River Pride Center and Spectrum cordially invite you to share time and space with your fellow LGBTQIA+ faculty, staff, and administrator community. We hold a social gathering each semester to welcome new members and connect with valued colleagues.
Please join our mailing list to receive information about upcoming social events.
Emilie Mitchell currently serves as the faculty coordinator for the American River College Pride Center. She has also been a faculty member in the Psychology department since 2012. Emilie is a dedicated mother of two children, proud lesbian, avid home improver, Darwinian gardener, passionate educator, and social justice advocate.
If you are interested in serving on the Spectrum committee, then please contact Emilie at email@example.com. Ideally, the Spectrum committee will have a representative from each campus, ensuring that the needs of all Los Rios faculty and staff are met.
Employees can now change their preferred name in Employee Self-Service:
- Log in to Employee Self-Service.
- Click Contact Information, then Personal Details.
- Click on the box with your Preferred Name, update your information, and click Save.
Disclaimer: Your legal (primary) name will continue to be used on official documents, such as academic records, transcripts, diplomas, paychecks, tax documents, and legal documents produced by the college or district, as required by state/federal law.
For help, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.