Open Enrollment Happening October 23 to November 15
Mark your calendar! The opportunity to choose or change your benefits is coming soon! Since this is typically a once-a-year event, we encourage you to participate and choose the best coverage for you and your family.
Read the 2023-2024 Open Enrollment Memo.
Catastrophic Illness/Injury Leave Program
Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
Learn more about the annual 1095-C Federal Tax Form that is sent to certain Los Rios employees.
Ordering COVID Tests Through Insurers
- Order self-tests from Kaiser Permanente. If you're a member with a kp.org account, you can order four self-tests at a time to be delivered to your home, at no cost. If you don't have a Kaiser account, then you can create a Kaiser account at kp.org.
- Get no-cost self-tests at a Kaiser Permanente pharmacy. Kaiser is currently distributing iHealth and FlowFlex test brands.
- Get no-cost self-tests from participating retail pharmacies. Medicare members can visit Medicare.gov for participating pharmacies and present your Medicare ID card at the pharmacy counter. All other members can visit Costco, Rite Aid, and Walmart, and show your photo ID and Kaiser Permanente ID card at the pharmacy counter. Availability of tests may vary.
- Buy self-tests outside of Kaiser Permanente. These may be available online or at local retailers. You can submit a claim to get reimbursed for up to $12 per test, including shipping and sales tax.
- Sutter Health Plus limits coverage of over-the-counter (OTC) COVID-19 tests bought without a prescription or clinical assessment by a provider to eight tests per member, per one-month period. Members are responsible for the full cost of OTC tests that exceed this limit.
- Those on Sutter Insurance can order from CVS and have COVID tests shipped at no cost.
- Sutter members can pick up COVID tests at a Walgreens store.
Beginning January 15, 2022, at-home over-the-counter COVID-19 diagnostic tests authorized by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) will be covered at no cost for Western Health Advantage (WHA) members (with limits on reimbursement as outlined by regulatory guidance, see the following). WHA is providing two ways for members with active WHA coverage to get an over-the-counter COVID-19 at-home diagnostic test(s):
- Reimbursement: WHA members who purchase an FDA-approved COVID-19 diagnostic test on or after January 15, 2022, will be able to submit a reimbursement request form, with a scanned receipt, for the cost paid up to $12 per diagnostic test. This is only available to active WHA members, per FDA EUA guidance, with a limit of eight (8) tests per calendar month. Members will need to save receipts and attest/sign that tests will be used for personal use, will not be used for employment purposes, and will not be resold. Reimbursement is only for FDA-approved at-home test kits. Claim reimbursement is available through the WHA Pharmacy partner OptumRx and will accept receipts dated on or after January 15, 2022. A printed claims form may also be submitted.
- At a preferred, in-network pharmacy for $0: Visit a preferred test pickup pharmacy (see the following list), simply show your WHA ID Card and the pharmacist will dispense the at-home test(s) at no charge at the time of pickup. You will not need to submit a reimbursement form. Test kits may be limited to available stock on hand at pharmacy locations, with limits explained above, and only available at no cost at the pharmacy counter.
Pharmacies in the Preferred Network for At-home Test Pickup (as of February 15, 2022) include RiteAid, Sam's Club, Walgreens, and Walmart.