Human Resources Department
Human Resources (HR) is responsible for recruiting and hiring employees for the district and providing professional development opportunities for employees. HR is committed to diversity, equity, and to ensuring an inclusive, thriving environment for all of its employees, students, and surrounding communities. HR's responsibilities include:
- Employee onboarding
- Overseeing the collective bargaining process with the district employee units
- Coordinating the district staffing plans
- Overseeing and responding to unlawful discrimination complaints, the ADA interactive process, and employee relations issues
- Publishing the Equity Handbook for Hiring Process and the Hiring Manual for LRCCD Faculty
Vision and Mission
The vision of the Human Resources Department of the Los Rios Community College District is to provide and maintain quality human resource services for our employees and the community resulting in the recruitment, development, and retention of outstanding faculty, staff, and administrators to support the District’s learning and working environments.
The mission of the Human Resources Department of the Los Rios Community College District is to support the strategic goals of the District through quality and efficient human resources practices which value employees, applicants, and various stakeholder groups by:
- Providing comprehensive and inclusive access to human resource services
- Recruiting qualified and diverse candidates for positions at all levels within the organization
- Enhancing our employees’ lives, both professionally and personally, through staff development activities
- Continuing to improve our employment processing while demonstrating the value of communication, efficiency, and legal compliance
- Facilitating resolutions to complaints, grievances, and related matters as needed with a commitment to collaboration
- Providing leadership in labor relations and negotiations with various district constituency groups
- Promoting customer services, professionalism, honesty and integrity
Phone: (916) 568-3112
Fax: (916) 568-3061
8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
Tuesdays and Thursdays we are in person at the District Office; otherwise, we are remote.
We are located inside the Human Resources building at the District Office.
1919 Spanos Court
Sacramento, CA 95825
Call (916) 286-3600 to report safety hazards, non-emergency crimes, workplace harassment, bullying, or misconduct.
You can leave your name or report anonymously.