Faculty Diversity Mentors
Faculty mentors are a vital part of the Faculty Diversity Internship Program (FDIP), which helps develop a dynamic pool of community college instructors through training and classroom experience.
Faculty Mentor Commitment
Faculty mentors are matched with an intern in the fall and attend a December mixer. During the spring semester, faculty mentors oversee the internship in their classroom.
Who Should Apply?
We are looking for faculty committed to:
- Diversifying Los Rios' faculty pools
- Professional growth and development of a new aspiring faculty member
- Training future faculty through collaboration, feedback, and interactions
- Developing their own mentorship skills and expanding professional networks
Faculty mentors receive $500 upon successful completion of spring mentorship.
Faculty interested in becoming mentors should complete the FDIP mentor application (PDF). Email your completed application or send it via inter-campus mail to:
District Office, Human Resources
- All Employees
- Classified Professional Development
- Faculty Professional Development
- Manager/Confidential Professional Development
- Prospective Employees