Virtual Brown Bag Series
In response to the district's move to remote operations, Los Rios has restructured the existing brown bag program to a virtual platform with topics to best serve our employees during remote operations.
Virtual brown bags are lunchtime trainings offered to district employees. The sessions are intended to bring members of individual operating units together to learn topics that are applicable in the workplace or in their personal lives. Employees are encouraged to eat their lunches while they listen.
These sessions are open to all employees districtwide. Brown bags last 30 to 60 minutes and cover a variety of topics related to skills-based trainings, work-life balance, and safety, health, and wellness.
Registration is not required for virtual brown bag sessions. Employees can access the trainings using the Zoom meeting link provided on the event page for the brown bag they would like to attend.
Upcoming Brown Bags
There are no upcoming brown bags at this time.
The following are resources from past brown bag trainings.
- Video Recording: Mind Body Medicine by Kaiser Permanente
- Video Recording: Resistance Training for Well Being by Western Health Advantage
- Video Recording: Smart Holiday Shopping by SAFE Credit Union
- Video Recording: Building Resilience and Stress Management by Western Health Advantage
- Video Recording: Guard Your Identity by SAFE Credit Union
- Video Recording: Coping with a Pandemic by Kaiser Permanente
- Video Recording: First-Time Home Buying by SAFE Credit Union
- Living Trusts and Estate Planning (PDF) by Affinity Trusts
- Video Recording: Mindful Stretching by Kaiser Permanente
- Mindful Stretching (PDF) by Kaiser Permanente
- Video Recording: Coping with COVID-19 & Beyond by Kaiser Permanente
- Video Recording: Managing Debt in Challenging Times by SAFE Credit Union
- Video Recording: Naming and Weakening Privilege in the Context of COVID-19 by BFSA
- Video Recording: Changing Eating Behavior for Good by Western Health Advantage
- Changing Eating Behavior for Good (PDF) by Western Health Advantage
- Healthy Living with WHA: Are Your Goals Smart? (PDF) by Western Health Advantage
- Video Recording: Maximizing Your Budget and Savings During Challenging Times by SAFE Credit Union
- Maximizing Your Budget and Savings during Challenging Times (PDF) by Safe Credit Union
- Budgeting: Finding Your Motivation (PDF) by SAFE Credit Union
- Pronouns in the Workplace (PDF) by Alejandra Fernandez Garcia and Emilie Mitchell
- SAFE Credit Union – Workplace Financial Wellness
- Interview Tips (PDF) by Victoria Rosario
- Women's Financial Empowerment (PDF) by SAFE Credit Union
- New Phone Features (PDF) by John Parker
- Yard Maintenance for Fall and Winter (PDF) by Peter Bowman
- Guard Your Identity (PDF) by SAFE Credit Union
- Declutter Your Office and Your Life (PDF) by Victoria Rosario
- Gratitude and Money (PDF)
- Developing a Survival Mindset (PDF) by Valerie Cox
- Unconscious Bias (PDF) by Belinda C. Lum
- Beyond Bias (PDF) by Molly Senecal
- PeopleSoft Queries (PDF) by Delane Swank
- (916) 568-3106