Finance and Administration
Finance and Administration is responsible for establishing and implementing sound business practices and procedures that maintain the financial stability of the district. Finance and Administration oversees the following departments:
- Accounting: Los Rios' focus on fiscal stability is a hallmark of its success, and is only possible with diligent and detailed accounting practices. The Accounting Services and Operations Departments maintain the financial records of the district efficiently and effectively – in accordance with all local, state, and federal laws – so that the district has the resources it needs to serve students at the highest possible level. See accounting forms and resources.
- Facilities Management: Facilities Management is responsible for facility planning and maintenance activities, construction of facilities, remodel, renovation, and maintenance of all district properties.
- Financial Aid: Financial Aid Systems provides coordination, technical assistance, and policy leadership for the four colleges with respect to locally administered federal, state, and institutional financial aid programs.
- Human Resources: Human Resources is responsible for recruiting and hiring employees for the district and for providing professional development opportunities in skill areas employees will need to succeed or to promote, according to their own aspirations. Human Resources (HR) is committed to diversity, equity, and to ensuring an inclusive, thriving environment for all of its employees, students, and surrounding communities. HR oversees the collective bargaining process with the district employee units and coordinates the district staffing plans; oversees and responds to unlawful discrimination complaints, the ADA interactive process, and employee relations issues. HR publishes the Equity Handbook for Hiring Process and the Hiring Manual for Los Rios Faculty.
- Los Rios Police Department (LRPD): LRPD works with risk management and facilities management regarding safety and security of district facilities.
- Payroll: Payroll processes employee wages and related deductions.
- Purchasing: Purchasing is responsible for procuring goods and services for the district and colleges.
Finance and Administration oversees the district budget, accounting, student attendance accounting, grants and special programs, investments, contract management, payroll, employee/retiree benefits, internal audits, insurance and risk management – including environmental and certain safety programs – and the colleges’ food services operations.
Finance and Administration works with all the district employee units, particularly areas addressing, impacting, or requiring financial resources. Los Rios is proud to have long-standing positive working relationships with our collective bargaining partners, and strive for a “win-win” in all negotiations.
Finance and Administration oversees planning, development, and implementation activities. The district budget uses formulas, workload measures, and other for determining staffing and operational funding levels. The District Budget Committee provides a review process and may develop recommendations regarding districtwide budget processes.
Associate Vice Chancellor, Finance
Confidential Administrative Assistant
8:30 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
We are located inside the Business Services building at the District Office.
1919 Spanos Court
Sacramento, CA 95825
- Chancellor's Office
- Communications and Media Relations
- Education and Technology
- Employee Benefits
- Facilities Management
- Finance and Administration
- Financial Aid
- General Counsel
- General Services
- Human Resources
- Information Technology (IT)
- Institutional Research
- Printing and Receiving
- Resource Development
- Risk Management
- Student Services
- Workforce and Economic Development