Education and Technology
The office of education and technology is responsible for developing and coordinating educational programs, services, and technology for the district and its colleges. This office implements policies and academic programs that promote student access, equity, and success. In addition, the office of education and technology provides leadership for strategic planning and accreditation, serves as the district’s information security officer, and represents Los Rios leaders in the Capital Adult Education Regional Consortium.
- Provides leadership and coordination for districtwide instruction activities
- Oversees the Workforce and Economic Development Center
- Serves as a resource to the District Curriculum Coordinating Committee (DCCC)
- Co-chairs the International Education Committee
- Works with the colleges, corporate partners, economic development agencies, community leaders, the California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office, and district administration to advance services to regional business and industry partners to enhance the overall workforce and economic development efforts of the greater Sacramento region
- Ensures that all students have equal access to – and support in – college courses needed to achieve their educational objectives
- Provides advocacy and leadership to the college's student support services programs, with district coordination provided for CalWORKs, that facilitate and demonstrate the achievement of stated student learning outcomes
- Builds upon the planning and work done by the individual colleges and provides a framework for all the colleges to work together
- Provides leadership for the development and coordination of technology to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the administrative and academic computing environment
- Oversees the acquisition and maintenance of hardware and software
- Oversees the development and maintenance of districtwide technology infrastructure
- Provides leadership for research activities, including producing the annual Trend Line Report and Fall Profile with data on student enrollment, demographics, persistence, transfer, student success, and completions
- Conducts districtwide student and employee surveys
- Compiles External Environmental Scan Reports for strategic planning and accreditation reporting
- Coordinates federal and state accountability and regulatory reporting requirements
- Ensures coordination of district and college research activities through monthly meetings of the Districtwide Research Council
8:30 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
We are located inside the Office of the Chancellor at the District Office.
1919 Spanos Court
Sacramento, CA 95825