Brown Bag Series
Brown Bags are lunchtime trainings offered to district employees. The sessions are intended to bring members of individual operating units together over an informal lunch to learn things applicable in the workplace or in their personal lives. Employees are encouraged to bring their lunches* and eat while they listen.
These District Office sessions are open to employees at Ethan Way, Facilities Management, and the District Office. Brown bags last 30 to 60 minutes and cover a variety of topics related to skills-based trainings, work-life balance, and safety, health, and wellness.
We are pleased to partner with SAFE Credit Union to complement our Brown Bags series.
* For SAFE Credit Union Brown Bags, lunches are provided for employees who RSVP by the deadline.
The following Brown Bags take place from 12:00 to 1:00 pm in District Office's Main Conference Room.
- September 4, 2019: Yard Maintenance: Preparing for Fall/Winter
- September 18, 2019: Protect Your Serenity; Guard Your Identify (SAFE Credit Union)
- October 2, 2019: Phones: Timesaving & Lesser Known Features
- October 16, 2019: Empowering Women, Empowering Finances (SAFE Credit Union)
- November 6, 2019: Interview Tips: Gearing Up for the Next Interview
- November 20, 2019: Mindfulness & Money (SAFE Credit Union)
- December 4, 2019: PeopleSoft Queries: Making Your Life Easier
- December 18, 2019: Living Trust & Estate Planning (SAFE Credit Union)
- February 6, 2020: Tips & Tricks for Excel
- February 19, 2020: Budgeting: Find Your Motivation! (SAFE Credit Union)
- March 4, 2020: TBD
- March 18, 2020: Lease or Buy? Which Direction Will You Drive? (SAFE Credit Union)
- April 1, 2020: TBD
- April 15, 2020: First Time Homebuyer Workshop (SAFE Credit Union)
- May 6, 2020: TBD
- May 20, 2020: Responsible Spending is #trending (SAFE Credit Union)
- June 3, 2020: TBD
- June 17, 2020: Credit Report or Score: Which Should You Care About More? (SAFE Credit Union)
Employees who work at the District Office, Ethan Way Center, and Facilities Management will receive an Outlook invitation from Valerie Carrigan for upcoming Brown Bags. To register, 'Accept' the Outlook invitation to add it to your calendar.
The following are resources from past brown bag trainings.
- All Employees
- Classified Professional Development
- Faculty Professional Development
- Manager/Confidential Professional Development
- Prospective Employees