Brown Bag Series
Brown Bags are lunchtime trainings offered to district employees. The sessions are intended to bring members of individual operating units together over an informal lunch to learn things applicable in the workplace or in their personal lives. Employees are encouraged to bring their lunches* and eat while they listen.
These District Office sessions are open to employees at Ethan Way, Facilities Management, and the District Office. Brown bags last 30 to 60 minutes and cover a variety of topics related to skills-based trainings, work-life balance, and safety, health, and wellness.
We are pleased to partner with SAFE Credit Union to complement our Brown Bags series.
* For SAFE Credit Union Brown Bags, lunches are provided for employees who RSVP by the deadline.
|February 5, 2020||Spectrum: Pronouns in the Workplace|
|February 19, 2020||SAFE: Budgeting: Find Your Motivation|
|February 26, 2020||WHA: Salad In a Jar|
|March 4, 2020||Native: Bystander Intervention: Creating a Safe Space|
|March 18, 2020||SAFE: Lease or Buy? Which Direction Will You Drive?|
|March 25, 2020||WHA: Building Resilience & Stress Management|
|April 1, 2020||Comunidad: Emotional Intelligence & Cultural Competence|
|April 15, 2020||SAFE: Get In the Zone! Let’s Talk Homes! First-time Home Buyers|
|April 22, 2020||WHA: Changing Eating Behavior for Good|
|May 6, 2020||BFSA: Naming and Weakening Privilege|
|May 13, 2020||Kaiser: Mindful Meditation|
|May 20, 2020||SAFE: Responsible Spending is #trending|
|June 3, 2020||API: Beyond Bias: Building Relationships and Affecting Change|
|June 10, 2020||Kaiser: The Way to Better Sleep|
|June 17, 2020||SAFE: Credit Report or Score: Which Should You Care About More?|
Employees who work at the District Office, Ethan Way Center, and Facilities Management will receive an Outlook invitation from Valerie Carrigan for upcoming Brown Bags. To register, 'Accept' the Outlook invitation to add it to your calendar.
The following are resources from past brown bag trainings.
- SAFE Credit Union – Workplace Financial Wellness
- Women's Financial Empowerment (PDF) by Safe Credit Union
- New Phone Features (PDF) by John Parker
- Yard Maintenance for Fall and Winter (PDF) by Peter Bowman
- Guard Your Identity (PDF) by Safe Credit Union
- Declutter Your Office and Your Life (PDF) by Victoria Rosario
- Gratitude and Money (PDF)
- Developing a Survival Mindset (PDF) by Valerie Cox
- Unconscious Bias (PDF) by Belinda C. Lum
- Beyond Bias (PDF) by Molly Senecal
- PeopleSoft Queries (PDF) by Delane Swank
- All Employees
- Classified Professional Development
- Faculty Professional Development
- Manager/Confidential Professional Development
- Prospective Employees